Install the Oracle Java Development Kit
If you have already installed the Oracle JDK, skip this step and proceed to Installing CDH4 on a Single Linux Node in Pseudo-distributed Mode. Install the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) before deploying CDH4.
- To install the JDK, follow the instructions under Oracle JDK Installation. The completed installation must meet the requirements in the box below.
- If you have already installed a version of the JDK, make sure your installation meets the requirements in the box below.
- See CDH4 Requirements and Supported Versions for the recommended and supported JDK versions.
After installing the JDK, and before installing and deploying CDH:
- If you are deploying CDH on a cluster, make sure you have the same version of the Oracle JDK on each node.
- Make sure the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set for the root user on each
node. You can check by using a command such
$ sudo env | grep JAVA_HOME
It should be set to point to the directory where the JDK is installed, as shown in the example below.
- On systems on which sudo clears or restricts environment variables, you also
need to add the following line to the
You may be able to install the Oracle JDK with your package manager, depending on your choice of operating system.