What's New in CDH4.4.0
Oracle JDK 7 Support
- All CDH components must be running the same major version (that is, all deployed on JDK 6 or all deployed on JDK 7). For example, you cannot run Hadoop on JDK 6 while running Sqoop on JDK 7.
- All nodes in the cluster must be running the same major JDK version: Cloudera does not support mixed environments (some nodes on JDK6 and others on JDK7).
- The new Morphline sink provides a heavyweight ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) framework using Cloudera Morphlines, and can write events out to Apache Solr (FLUME-2070).
- The File Channel Integrity tool can now verify integrity of individual events in the File Channel, and remove corrupt events (FLUME-1586).
- Communication between Avro Sink and Source can be secured using SSL (FLUME-997).
- The File Channel now does group commits; this can improve performance in some cases (FLUME-1917)
- HIVE-4911 - Enable QOP configuration for Hive Server 2 Thrift transport
- HIVE-4707 - Support configurable domain name for HiveServer2 LDAP authentication using Active Directory
- HIVE-4573 - Support alternate table types for HiveServer2
- HIVE-4292 - HiveServer2 should support -hiveconf command-line parameter
- Search application: You can search from Solr, Solr Cloud, and Cloudera Search, and customize the results with your own style and facets. Multiple indexes are supported, as well as query highlighting, and sorting.
- HBase Browser: The HBase Browser application allows you to quickly browse huge tables and access any content. You can also create new tables, add data, modify existing cells, and filter data with the auto-completing search bar.
- Sqoop2 application: The Sqoop2 application allows you to import and export data easily between databases and HDFS, and in a scalable way. The Job Wizard hides the complexity of creating Sqoop jobs and the dashboard provides a live progress indicator and log access.
- Improved HiveServer2 compatibility
- A Beeswax query can be renamed
- The Impala application supports multiple databases
- The Job Browser now dynamically updates without a page refresh
- HUE-1303 - [metastore] Create a new table wizard uses CTRL+A
As of CDH4.4, the Oozie Hive action can be configured to work with HiveServer 2 using BeeLine. For more information, see the Hive Action documentation.
Apache Sentry (incubating)
CDH4.4 includes Sentry, which enables role-based, fine-grained authorization for HiveServer2 and Cloudera Impala. It provides classic database-style authorization for Hive and Impala.
- For instructions for using Cloudera Manager version 4.7 to install and configure Hive Authorization with Sentry under CDH4.4, see Setting Up Hive Authorization with Sentry.
- For instructions for installing and configuring Sentry manually under CDH4.4, see Configuring Sentry. Those instructions include the additional steps needed if you want to use Sentry with Cloudera Manager version 4.6 or 4.5.
- If you want to install the standalone version of Sentry that was provided with CDH4.3.0, see If you want to install the version of Sentry provided with CDH4.3.0.
As of CDH4.4, Sqoop provides integration with HCatalog. See the section on HCatalog in the Sqoop User Guide.
|<< Previous: What's New in CDH4.5.0||Next: What's New in CDH4.3.2 >>|