What's New in CDH4.0.0
CDH-wide changes in CDH4.0.0
- Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) and 12.04 (LTS) 64-bit support
Apache Hadoop MapReduce
- Various bug fixes, Web UI and other enhancements.
- New HBase sink
- New durable file-based channel
- Support for Interceptors, plugins to transform events inline
- Avro output format support in HDFS sink
- Major improvements to syslog TCP and UDP sources
- Support for custom sink processors
- Load balancing support
- Support for writing to HDFS as multiple users when running under Kerberos
- Improved legacy source support for Flume 0.9.x compatibility
- Supports replication between clusters in different geographies (HBASE-1295)
- An on/off switch has been added to either restrict access to the personal jobs
of the user or keep all the jobs accessible to everybody (previous
- A switch has been added to Beeswax to restrict other users' access to personal
saved queries (HUE-688, HUE-701).
- Bundled jobs allow you to manage multiple coordinator jobs as a single job.
- Support for proxy users, user impersonation.
- New sharelib implementation, one per action type.
- Database creation tool.
- CLI, Java API, and REST API improvements.
- Several scalability and stability improvements.
- Several bug fixes.