Upgrading Search 1.x to Search for CDH 5
In general, to upgrade from CDH 4 to CDH 5 you should follow the upgrade instructions for CDH. Search for CDH 5 is included in the CDH 5 repository. If you are running Cloudera Manager, you must upgrade to Cloudera Manager 5 in order to run CDH 5.
However, because Search 1.x is in a separate repository from CDH 4, you must remove the Search 1.x packages and the Search .repo or .list file prior to performing the CDH upgrade. This is true whether or not you are upgrading through Cloudera Manager.
- Remove the Search packages.The list of packages you may need to remove are:
You can check which packages are installed using one of the following commands, depending on your operating system:
rpm -qa # RHEL, Oracle Linux, CentOS, Debian
dpkg --get-selections # DebianRemove the packages using the appropriate remove command for your OS. For example:
sudo yum remove solr solr-doc solr-mapreduce hbase-solr \ hbase-solr-doc search # RHEL, Oracle Linux, CentOS
- Remove the Cloudera Search .repo file:
Operating System File to remove:
Ubuntu or Debian
- Upgrade from CDH 4 to CDH 5 using the appropriate instructions:
- To upgrade using Cloudera Manager, see Upgrading to CDH 5 in a Cloudera Manager Deployment. This assumes you have upgrade to Cloudera Manager 5.
- To upgrade without using Cloudera Manager, see Upgrading from CDH 4 to CDH 5.
- If you have upgraded to CDH 5 not using Cloudera Manager, you need to
install the new version of Search:
Operating System Command
sudo yum install solr-server
sudo zypper install solr-server
Ubuntu or Debian
sudo apt-get install solr-server