Designating a Replication Source
From the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, you can designate a Cloudera Manager server as the source for data (files) to be replicated to a service managed by the Cloudera Manager server you are logged into.
To set up a peer relationship as a replication source:
- From the Service page for either Hive or HDFS, select the Replication tab.
- Click the link Add Replication Source
to go to the Administration page Peers tab.
You can also go directly to the Peers page by pulling down the Administration tab and selecting Peers.
If there are no existing peers, you will see only an Add Peer button in addition to a short message. If you have existing peers, they are listed here.
- Click the Add Peer button.
- In the Add Peer pop-up, provide a name, the URL (including the port) of the Cloudera Manager Server that will act as the source for the data to be replicated, and the login credentials for that server. Note that the Data Replication feature recommends that SSL be used, and a warning is shown if the URL uses http instead of https. However, you can ignore the warning and proceed if SSL is not available.
- Click the Add Peer button in the pop-up to create the peer relationship.
- To test the connectivity between your current Cloudera Manager server and the remote server select Test Connectivity from the Actions menu associated with the peer.
Note that the current Cloudera Manager system is also available as a replication source.
Modifying the Peer Configuration
To modify the peer configuration (to change the login or password):
- Pull down the Admin tab, and select Peers.
- From the Actions menu for the peer, select Edit.
- Make your changes.
- Click Update Peer to save your changes.
You can also delete a peer relationship:
- From the Actions menu for the peer, select Delete.
|<< Previous: Cloudera Backup and Disaster Recovery||Next: HDFS Replication >>|