Managing and Monitoring Federated HDFS
The HDFS service has some unique functions that may result in additional information on its Status and Instances pages. Specifically, if you have configured HDFS with Federated Nameservices or High Availability, these two pages will contain additional information.
The HDFS Status Page with Multiple Nameservices
If your HDFS configuration has multiple Nameservices, the HDFS Service Status page will have separate tabs for each Nameservice. Your HDFS configuration will have multiple Nameservices if you have configured Federated Nameservices to manage multiple namespaces.
Each tab shows the same types of status information as for an HDFS instance with a single namespace.
The HDFS Instances Page with Federation and High Availability
- The mount points in the namespace
- Whether High Availability and Automatic Failover are enabled
- Links to the active and standby NameNodes and SecondaryNameNode (depending on whether High Availability is enabled or not).
- Edit the list of mount points for the Nameservice (using the Edit... command)
- Enable or disable High Availability and Automatic Failover
- Validate the Shared Edits directory if Quorum-based Storage is not enabled.
From this page you can also add a NameService via the Add Nameservice button at the top of the page. See Adding a Nameservice.
|<< Previous: Viewing Role Instance Status||Next: Viewing Running and Recent Commands >>|