Moving a Host Between Clusters
Moving a host between clusters can be accomplished by:
- Decommissioning the host (see Decommissioning a Host).
- Removing all roles from the host (except for the Cloudera Manager management roles). See Deleting a Role Instance.
- Deleting the host from the cluster (see Deleting Hosts), specifically the section on removing a host from a cluster but leaving it available to Cloudera Manager.
- Adding the host to the new cluster (see Adding a Host to the Cluster).
- Adding roles to the host (optionally using one of the Host Templates associated with the new cluster). See Adding Role Instances and Working with Host Templates.