Viewing and Reverting Configuration Changes
Whenever you change and save a set of configuration settings for a service or role instance, or a host, Cloudera Manager saves a revision of the previous settings and the name of the user who made the changes. You can then view past revisions of the configuration settings, and, if desired, roll back the settings to a previous state.
The feature described in this section is not available in Cloudera Manager with Cloudera Standard.
If you have been using the Cloudera Enterprise Trial Edition, this feature will no longer be available after your trial license expires.
To obtain a license for Cloudera Enterprise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. When you install your Enterprise license, this feature will be enabled.
Viewing Configuration Changes
- Pull down the Configuration tab for a service, role, or host, and select History and Rollback.
The most recent revision, currently in effect, is shown under Current Revision.
Prior revisions are shown under Past Revisions.
- By default, or if you click Show All, a list of all revisions is shown. If you are viewing a Service or Role Instance, all Service/Role Group related revisions are shown. If you are viewing a Host or All Hosts, all Host/All Hosts related revisions are shown.
- To list only the configuration revisions that were done in a particular time period, use the Time Range Selector to select a time range. Then, click Show within the Selected Time Range.
- To view the changes, select Details....
Revision Details For a service or role instance, Revision Details shows the following:
- A brief message describing the context of the changes.
- The date/time stamp of the change.
- The user who performed the change.
- The names of any Role Groups created.
- The names of any Role Groups deleted.
For a host instance, Revision Details shows just a message, date and time stamp, and the user.
The Configuration Values tab Configuration Value changes are shown under the Configuration Values tab, where changes are organized under the Role Group to which they were applied. (For example, if you changed a Service-Wide property, it will affect all role groups for that service).
For each modified property, the Value column shows the new value of the property and the previous value.
The Group Membership tab If you changed the group membership of a role instance (moved the instance from one group to another) that change is shown under the Group Membership tab. This tab is only shown for service and role configurations.
Reverting Configuration Changes
- Select the Current or Past Revision you want to roll back, and go to the Configuration Values tab.
- Select the Revert Configuration Changes button.
The revert action occurs immediately. Note that you may need to restart the service or the affected roles for the change to take effect.
Only configuration value changes can be reverted. You cannot revert role group actions (creating, deleting, or moving membership among groups). You must perform these actions through the Role Groups function under the service or role-level Configuration tab.
|<< Previous: Using Safety Valves for Custom Configuration||Next: Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Services >>|