What's New in Cloudera Manager 4.8.0
- Support for CDH 4.5. See CDH4 Release Notes for more information on the new features in CDH 4.5.
- Support for Impala 1.2.1, which introduces the Impala Catalog Server, a new flexible, scalable way to host persistent Impala metadata. Impala 1.2.1 also supports UDFs, performance improvements, and a number of other enhancements. See the Cloudera Impala Release Notes for more information. Note
:Because the Catalog Server role is now required, Cloudera Manager 4.8 does not support Impala 1.1.1 or earlier, and an upgrade to Impala 1.2.1 is required. See Incompatible Changes Introduced in Cloudera Manager 4.8.0 for more information.
- Support for Search 1.1.0. See the Cloudera Search Release Notes for information on the new features in Cloudera Search.
- The Lily HBase Indexer, with Search 1.1.0, now functions in a Kerberos environment.
- Encrypted communication using SSL is supported between HiveServer2 and clients.
- Navigator auditing now provides correlation information in its HDFS audit records, so that the auditors know what higher level activities (e.g. MapReduce jobs) trigger the HDFS accesses.