Adding a Service
After initial installation, you can use the Add a Service wizard to add and configure new service instances. For example, you may want to add a service such as Oozie that you did not select in the wizard during the initial installation.
You must use Add a Service to create a Flume service; because Flume requires you to specify the agent configuration, it must be added separately after the installation wizard has finished.
- On the Home page, click to the right of the cluster name and select Add a Service. A list of service types display. You can add one type of service at a time.
- Click the radio button next to the service to add and click Continue.
- Select the radio button next to the services on which the new service should depend and click Continue.
- Customize the assignment of role instances to hosts.
The wizard evaluates the hardware configurations of the hosts to determine
the best hosts for each role. The wizard assigns all worker roles to the
same set of hosts to which the HDFS DataNode role is assigned. These
assignments are typically acceptable, but you can reassign role instances to
hosts of your choosing, if desired.
Click a field below a role to display a dialog containing a pageable list of hosts. If you click a field containing multiple hosts, you can also select All Hosts to assign the role to all hosts or Custom to display the pageable hosts dialog.The following shortcuts for specifying hostname patterns are supported:
- Range of hostnames (without the domain
Range Definition Matching Hosts 10.1.1.[1-4] 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.3, 10.1.1.4 host[1-3].company.com host1.company.com, host2.company.com, host3.company.com host[07-10].company.com host07.company.com, host08.company.com, host09.company.com, host10.company.com
- IP addresses
- Rack name
Click the View By Host button for an overview of the role assignment by hostname ranges.
- Range of hostnames (without the domain portion)
- Review and modify configuration settings, such as data directory paths and heap sizes and click Continue. The service is started.
- Click Continue then click Finish. You are returned to the Home page.
- Verify the new service is started properly by checking the health status for the new service. If the Health Status is Good, then the service started properly.