Cloudera Manager's Services Configuration features let you manage the deployment and configuration of CDH services. You can add new services and roles if needed, gracefully start, stop and restart services or roles, and decommission and delete roles or services if necessary. Further, you can modify the configuration properties for services or for individual role instances. If you are using Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, you can view past configuration changes and roll back to a previous revision. You can also generate client configuration files, enabling you to easily distribute them to the users of a service.
The topics in this chapter describe how to configure and use the services on your cluster. Note that some services have unique configuration requirements or provide unique features: those are covered in the next chapter, Managing Individual Services.
- Home Page
- Adding a Service
- Add-on Services
- Modifying Configuration Settings
- Stale Configurations
- Using Advanced Configuration Snippets for Custom Configuration
- Viewing and Reverting Configuration Changes
- Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Services
- Rolling Restart
- Aborting a Pending Command
- Deploying Client Configuration Files
- Deleting Services
- Renaming a Service
- Configuring Maximum File Descriptors