The Sqoop 1 Client
The Sqoop 1 client allows you to create a Sqoop 1 gateway and deploy the client configuration.
Installing JDBC DriversSqoop 1 does not ship with third-party JDBC drivers; you must download them separately. For information on downloading and saving the drivers, see (CDH 4) Installing JDBC Drivers and (CDH 5) Installing JDBC Drivers. Ensure that you do not save JARs in the CDH parcel directory /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH, because this directory is overwritten when you upgrade CDH.
Adding the Sqoop 1 Client
- On the Home page, click to the right of the cluster name and select Add a Service. A list of service types display. You can add one type of service at a time.
- Select the Sqoop 1 Client service and click Continue.
- Select the radio button next to the services on which the new service should depend and click Continue.
- Customize the assignment of role instances to hosts.
The wizard evaluates the hardware configurations of the hosts to determine
the best hosts for each role. The wizard assigns all worker roles to the
same set of hosts to which the HDFS DataNode role is assigned. These
assignments are typically acceptable, but you can reassign role instances to
hosts of your choosing, if desired.
Click a field below a role to display a dialog containing a pageable list of hosts. If you click a field containing multiple hosts, you can also select All Hosts to assign the role to all hosts or Custom to display the pageable hosts dialog.The following shortcuts for specifying hostname patterns are supported:
- Range of hostnames (without the domain
Range Definition Matching Hosts 10.1.1.[1-4] 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.3, 10.1.1.4 host[1-3].company.com host1.company.com, host2.company.com, host3.company.com host[07-10].company.com host07.company.com, host08.company.com, host09.company.com, host10.company.com
- IP addresses
- Rack name
Click the View By Host button for an overview of the role assignment by hostname ranges.
- Range of hostnames (without the domain portion)
- Click Continue. The client configuration deployment command runs.
- Click Continue and click Finish.