Choosing a Teradata Connector
Cloudera connectors allow you to exchange information between Teradata appliances and Hadoop ecosystem components such as Hive, HBase, HDFS, or HCatalog. Cloudera provides three Sqoop based connectors that you can use for exchanging data between CDH and Teradata:
- Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata 1.0.0
- Cloudera Connector for Teradata 1.1.1
- Cloudera Connector for Teradata 1.0.5
When considering which connector to use:
- Use the Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata, if possible. Both connectors provide fast performance, but the Teradata powered Cloudera Connector is typically faster.
- Use the Cloudera Connector for Teradata if you cannot use the Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata. For example, use the Cloudera Connector for Teradata if you are using CDH 4.1 or a Teradata 12 database.
The features supported by these different connectors is as follows:
|Feature||Cloudera Connector for Teradata||Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata|
|CDH3u1||X (version 1.0.5 only)|
|CDH4.2 and later||X||X|
|Teradata 11.00 databases and data appliances and later||X|
|Teradata 13.00 databases and data appliances and later||X||X|
|<< Previous: Prerequisites||Next: Installing a Teradata Connector >>|