Cloudera Navigator Metadata Component
The Cloudera Navigator metadata component provides data discovery and data lineage management functions. The architecture of the Cloudera Navigator Metadata component is illustrated below.
The Cloudera Navigator Metadata server performs five main functions:
- Obtains connection information about the services whose data it manages from the Cloudera Manager Server
- Extracts object metadata from the services at periodic intervals
- Indexes the metadata
- Implements a graphical UI for searching the metadata and displaying lineage relationships between objects
- Implements a REST API for retrieving metadata
Supported Product Versions
- Cloudera Manager - 5.0.0 and higher.
- CDH - 4.4 and higher for all services except Pig. If you want to view Pig jobs, CDH 5.0.0 beta 2.